Considered a part of the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land metropolitan area, which is also known as Greater Houston, the city of Rosenberg is located 35 miles away from Houston, and is right beside the city of Richmond to the northeast. The area was founded when the Gulf, Colorado, and Santa Fe Railway chose it as a railroad stop, eventually developing and naming it after its president, Henry von Rosenberg, in 1883. Through the years, Rosenberg has grown into a progressive city offering an ideal location within major rail and interstate routes, as well as its own brand of suburban flair and laidback quality of life.
- As the first and only state-designated Cultural District in Fort Bend County, the Historic Downtown Rosenberg Cultural Arts District offers shopping, dining, andhistorical buildings, and is home to a growing cultural arts scenewhere artists, musicians, actors, dancers, photographers, and arts enthusiasts of all types converge.
- The Rosenberg Railroad Museum, which was created to preserve the railroad history of Fort Bend County, is located at the corner of 3rd Street and Avenue F. The museum building is a reproduction of the Rosenberg Santa Fe depot and features the historic and restored Tower 17, which controlled the railway cars as they went through the crossing. Also on exhibit is the Quebec, an authentic railway car built by Northern Railway of Canada in 1879.
Schools in Rosenberg are under the acclaimed Lamar Consolidated Independent School District, which was awarded by the Texas Education Agency with its highest possible academic rating in 2013. The following elementary, middle, and high schools are located in Rosenberg:
- Bowie Elementary School
- Cora Thomas Elementary School
- Jackson Elementary School
- Joe Hubenak Elementary School
- Taylor Ray Elementary School
- Travis Elementary School
- George Junior High School
- Lamar Junior High School
- Wessendorff Middle School
- Navarro Middle School
- Lamar Cons High School
- B.F. Terry High School
Certain information contained herein is derived from information which is the property of, and copyrighted by, Houston REALTORS® Information Service, Inc. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use. This information may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.