Sugar Land Lifestyle Guide
Sugar Land is the largest city in Fort Bend County. Sugar Land lifestyle offers an array of shopping, dining, entertainment, & array of recreational activities.
- Sugar Land Town Square is located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 59 and Texas State Highway 6. The town square is a retail and business center with stores, restaurants, services, plus a hotel and conference center.
- First Colony Mall is just a few meters away from the Sugar Land Town Square. The mall has since been expanded from its original plan, adding several wings to include more shops. Currently, there are over 140 stores at the First Colony Mall, including a 24-screen cinema operated by AMC Theatres.
Sugar Land is a veritable buffet of dining experiences, from fast food fare to high-end fine dining. Among the best restaurants and their specialties in the city are:
- Azuma On The Lake – Japanese
- Becks Prime – Burgers
- Berryhill Sugar Land – Mexican
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill – Italian
- Churrascos Restaurant – South American
- Escalante’s – Tex Mex
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria – Pizza
- Lupe Tortilla – Mexican
- Pappasito’s Cantina – Tex-Mex
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille – Steaks
- Ragin Cajun – Cajun
- Veritas Steak and Seafood – Seafood
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land is located along University Blvd. The museum is housed in a former prison inmate dormitory. The Museum features exhibits ranging from paleontology to space sciences, with an aquarium and digital dome theater.
- Sugar Land Memorial Park and Brazos River Corridor. The parks feature memorials devoted to Fort Bend County veterans.
- Smart Financial Centre Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land is the area’s first state-of-the-art, indoor performance venue. The $84 million project will position Sugar Land as a destination location for culture and entertainment. Owned by the City of Sugar Land, Smart Financial Centre is located off the corner of U.S. Highway 59 and University Boulevard, on approximately 38.5 acres. This venue has added even more lively entertainment to the Sugarland Lifestyle.
Golfing enthusiasts can tee off at any of Sugar Land’s challenging courses, which include the following:
- Greatwood Golf Club. Featuring an 18-hole course designed by Carlton Gipson; ranked as one of the “Top 25 Best Courses in Texas.”
- Riverbend Country Club. Opened in 2009, this members-only course features 18 holes designed by Press Maxwell, Jr.
- Sugar Creek Country Club. With a 27-hole course comprised of three 9-hole courses: the Robert Course, the Trent course, and the Jones course, all designed by famed architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr.
- Sweetwater Country Club. Architect Roger Packard designed the two courses available here: the Pecan Course and the Cypress Course.